So, here we go with an english post. Just because this challenge is international and hosted by Mel (The Daily Prophecy) and I want her and all the other participants to understand everything.
Kücki told me about this challenge and after a closer look at it, I was totally in love with this challenge. I have so many retellings on my TBR-Shelf and there are a few more in 2015 just like the final Reckless book.
BTW, you can find Mel’s blog here.
- The challenge runs from January 1st – December 31st 2015.
- The goal is to read fairytale retellings, but if you want you can also pick other retellings. It’s up to you what you count as a fairytale. Here are a couple of books you can pick from:my bookshelf with fairytale retellings and Fairytale lists on Listopia. You can read Middle Grade, Young Adult and Adult books for this challenge. Obviously, the book doesn’t have to be published in 2015 and re-reads count.
- There are 6 different levels you can aim for:
-Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.
-Magic mirror: 5 – 9 books.
-Big bad wolf: 10 – 15 books.
-The wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
-Wicked fairy Godmother: 21 – 25 books.
-Bluebeard: you are killing it! 26+ books.
- Every beginning of the month I will make a link-up post where you put all your reviews in and they will have fun/informative introductions.
- It’s not a promise, but there might be challenges.
- Most important thing: HAVE FUN and spread the word 🙂 Let’s tweet with: #fairytaleRC
It is really, really easy, isn’t it? First, I wasn’t really sure if I’d like to take Big Bad Wolf or The Wise Princess as my aim. But I guess I’ll take Big Bad Wolf as my reading aim. This is about 1 book per month and thats really ok.